Slip and Fall Attorney in Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury, CT Fights for Your Right to a Monetary Award
Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury lawyer helps you get compensation for slip and fall
An injury from a slip and fall on someone else’s property can have considerable consequences. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may be facing mounting medical bills and time off from work. At times like this, having an experienced personal injury attorney at your side can make all the difference. The Reinken Law Firm fights for the compensation to which you are entitled, so you can focus on getting well.
Who is liable for the maintenance of safe premises?
Connecticut law holds property owners and businesses responsible for the maintenance of safe premises. But what if property owners or businesses claim they didn’t know there was any danger? Under the mode of operation rule, even when people have no previous knowledge of a dangerous situation on their premises, they can still be held responsible if the court finds they should have foreseen that an accident might occur. Although there are limitations to the application of this rule, property owners and businesses are, in general, liable for the accidents occurring because of unsafe premises.
What are slip and fall accidents?
Common types of slip and fall accidents include the following:
- Slipping on icy walkways and sidewalks
- Getting injured on city sidewalks and roadways
- Tripping in parking lot potholes and defects in the concrete
- Falling after slipping on an unmarked wet floor
- Slipping on loose rugs or wrinkled carpet
- Falling down steps in dark areas
While “slip and fall” is not a legal term, it is commonly used for accidents involving some form of slipping, tripping or falling and resulting in a personal injury.
Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury law firm works hard to recover compensation for slip and fall injuries
If you have suffered an injury as a result of a slip and fall, we can use our years of experience to help you recover the compensation you deserve. The Reinken Law Firm offers extensive experience in all of the following areas:
- Premises liability. Under the concept of premises liability, property owners are responsible for the maintenance of their premises. When an accident occurs because of unsafe premises, the law, with some exceptions, holds the property or business owner accountable for any damages or losses suffered. We fight to hold property owners liable for not properly maintaining their premises.
- Negligence. Proving negligence is an important aspect of a successful personal injury claim. While property owners are generally liable for injuries suffered by others on their properties, there are certain exceptions. By proving that the property owner was negligent, you increase your chances of recovering full compensation.
- Slip and fall causes. There are many slip and fall causes. It is important to accurately determine the cause of your injury, because this helps you determine the potentially liable parties. For example, if your injury was caused by something not related to the premises, even though you were on the premises at the time, this has an effect on who is responsible.
- Parking lot falls. Parking lot falls can be the cause of some very painful injuries and, unfortunately, defects in parking lots, such as potholes, are not uncommon. While parking lots are primarily meant to be used by cars, property owners are responsible for making sure they are also safe for use by pedestrians.
- Sidewalk falls. Sidewalk falls can occur for any number of reasons. An improperly maintained sidewalk is often the cause of a slip and fall injury. Business owners are liable for injuries that occur because the sidewalks in front of their establishments are not properly maintained.
- Cracked and broken sidewalks. Cracked and broken sidewalks can be very dangerous for pedestrians. A crack or a broken piece of concrete protruding from a sidewalk can be a safety hazard, especially in inclement weather. Business establishments are responsible for maintaining the sidewalks in front of their buildings, and this includes fixing all cracks and other breaks.
Contact a Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury, CT slip and fall attorney for a free consultation
If you live in the Greenwich, Bridgeport, Norwalk, Danbury or Stamford area and have any questions regarding injuries suffered as the result of unsafe premises, you need the advice and support of an experienced slip and fall attorney. As a slip and fall lawyer with more than two decades of experience, Eric Reinken has the skills needed to help you learn your rights. Contact us at 203-541-0090 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation. We do not charge a fee unless we win your case.