Worker’s Compensation Coverage and Benefits
Worker’s compensation is a form of insurance providing wage replacement and medical benefits to employees injured at work. The Worker’s Compensation Commission (WCC) administers the worker’s compensation laws of Connecticut. The goal is to ensure that workers injured on the job receive prompt payment of lost work time benefits and attendant medical expenses. Workers’ compensation is also a benefit system designed to help workers who have incurred sickness due to their work conditions or environment.
What Does Worker’s Compensation Cover?
- Medical treatment and expenses: Worker’s comp insurance provides coverage to help employees pay for medical expenses related to a work-related injury or illness. This includes initial emergency care, follow-up treatment with doctors, physical rehabilitation visits, and transportation expenses.
- Time off for recovery: Weekly benefits of 66.67% of a worker’s average weekly earnings for not more than two years.
- Any permanent impairment: Some work-related injuries result in permanent physical impairment that affects the worker’s ability to do certain jobs. Worker’s compensation covers permanent impairment regardless of the severity of injury.
- Vocational rehabilitation services: If a worker needs to change jobs or fields, and needs further job retraining or education, workers compensation covers the required payment.
- Benefits in the event of death: A deceased worker’s dependents are entitled to burial expenses and a lump-sum payment.
The process of filing for worker’s compensation requires knowledge about the system in order to file for benefits from it. An experienced worker’s compensation attorney can help in filing.
Hire Workers Compensation Attorney in Connecticut
If you are injured at work and need to file for workers compensation, The Reinken Law Firm can help. We have handled Worker’s Comp cases in Connecticut for over 30 years. Call us for a free consultation: 203-541-0090. We will not charge you until we win your case.
If you’re an employee looking to file a worker’s compensation claim or to pursue a third-party negligence claim, hire a Worker’s Compensation Attorney from the Reinken Law Office in Connecticut with locations in Danbury, Bridgeport, Stamford, and Greenwich.