Connecticut is one of the top 10 states for workplace injuries. Connecticut loses an average of 40 workers each year due to workplace injuries. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics found that Connecticut had an injury rate of 4.5 cases per 100 full-time employees, significantly higher than the national average of 3.5 cases per 100 full-time workers.
The following are workplace injury statistics stated for2006 to 2013.
- According to Connecticut’s Occupational Safety and Health’s (CONN-OSHA) statistics unit, in 2006, 69,500 non-fatal injuries and illnesses were reported with 38 fatal injuries.
- In 2007, 70,800 non-fatal injuries and illness were reported with 38 fatal injuries.
- In 2008, 67,200 non-fatal injuries and illness were reported in which 28 were fatal injuries.
- In 2009, there were 60,200 non-fatal injuries and illnesses and 34 fatal injuries.
- In 2010, there were 56,700 non-fatal injuries and illnesses and 49 fatal injuries.
- In 2011, there were 60,500 non-fatal injuries and illnesses and 37 fatal injuries in which 28,000 were initial claims for Social Security disability insurance.
- In 2012, there were 53,800 non-fatal injuries and illnesses and 36 fatal injuries.
- The rate of injuries and illnesses among state and local government workers combined declined to5.2 cases per 100 full-time workers in 2013 compared to 5.6 cases in 2012. It remains significantlyhigher than the private industry rate.
When an employee suffers any workplace injury, the employer is liable. It is important for these workers to understand their legal rights through the help of a trustworthy workplace injury lawyer.
Construction Accident Attorney
Danbury, Bridgeport, Stamford and Greenwich, Connecticut
Accidents can occur in your workplace and you may be injured. If you ever encounter such a scenario, then contact our workplace injury lawyerat The Reinken Law Firm. We provide our services in Danbury, Bridgeport, Stamford and Greenwich, Connecticut. We have more than 30 years of experience and have gained good knowledge in this field. To discuss any workplace injury case, call us today at 203-541-0090/ 800-987-8780.