Workers compensation is a form of insurance providing wage replacement and medical benefits to employees injured at work. The Workers Compensation Commission (WCC) administers the workers compensation laws of Connecticut. The goal is to ensure that workers injured on the job receive prompt payment of lost work time benefits and attendant medical expenses. Workers compensation is also a benefit system designed to help workers who have incurred sickness due to their work conditions or environment.
What Does Workers Compensation Cover?
- Medical treatment and expenses: This includes initial emergency care, follow-up treatment with doctors, physical rehabilitation visits, and transportation expenses.
- Time off for recovery: Weekly benefits of 66.67% of a worker’s average weekly earnings for not more than two years.
- Any permanent impairment: Some work-related injuries can result in a permanent physical impairment that affects the worker’s ability to do certain jobs. Workers compensation covers permanent impairment caused regardless of the severity of injury.
- Vocational rehabilitation services: If a worker needs to change jobs or fields, and for which he needs to undergo further job retraining or education, then workers compensation covers the required payment.
- Benefits in the event of death: A deceased worker’s dependents are entitled to burial expenses and a lump-sum payment.
The process of filing for workers compensation can be complicated. Knowledge about the workers compensation system is required in order to benefits from it. An experienced workers compensation attorney or lawyer can help in educating with all the required information and filing the claims.
Hire the Best Workers Compensation Attorney
Danbury, Bridgeport, Stamford and Greenwich, Connecticut
If you are injured at work and need to file for workers compensation, then The Reinken Law Firm can help. With over 30 years of experience handling workers compensation claims in Connecticut, our diligent attorneys have expertise in this field. Call us today for a free consultation at 203-541-0090. We will not charge you until we win your case.