Personal injury is a physical injury caused by the negligent act of others. It also includes psychological illness due to extreme pressure. A vehicle accident, work related accident, faulty goods, discrimination at work etc. can all count as personal injuries.
A personal injury can lead to serious injuries and even death. If you have been injured due to the negligence of others, then you can sue the responsible party for compensation.
Types of personal injury cases
1. Automobile accidents are common personal injury accidents. These accidents are generally caused due to negligent driving, improper weather conditions or failure of parts of the vehicle. The negligent driver can be held liable for automobile accidents.
2. Accidents caused due to faulty products where the consumer suffers injuries. Here the manufacturer can be held responsible for the accident.
3. Construction site accidents are the most dangerous accidents that can occur. Due to heavy machinery and equipment, a construction site is a dreadful accident environment if proper safety precautions are not in place. The employer/contractor/owner of the construction site can be held liable for the accident.
4. Premises liability/Slip and fall accidents occur when property owners do not warn or take necessary steps to prevent accidents. The owner of the property can be held liable in this case.
5. Medical malpractice is the case where a health care provider misdiagnoses an injury or disease further worsening it. Here the health care provider is responsible for the negligent act.
Personal injury claims need the help of a personal Injury attorney in your area. If you have been injured in an accident in Connecticut and want to hire a personal injury attorney, contact “The Reinken Law Firm” immediately. Call at 203-541-0090 or 800-987-8780 for a free initial consultation with an experienced Connecticut personal injury attorney.