If you have ever been in an auto accident, then you will know what it’s like to try and get a prompt accident settlement without facing any major problems. Below are tips to help you reduce the stress when filing an auto insurance claim.
Tips on filing auto accident claims
- Report the incident immediately to your local police department. Move your vehicle out of traffic flow to avoid another loss.
- After basic medical treatment, call the insurance company and inform about the accident.
- Contact an auto accident attorney immediately and check whether you may have a claim or not. If you have a claim, conclude your reasonable compensation and go through your insurance policy and familiarize yourself with the exact terms of your auto accident insurance claim,
- Provide good list of supporting documents and evidence like pictures of the accident site, damaged vehicles, etc., include medical reports of all injuries and recordings of statements made by witnesses.
- Whatever discussion you may have with the insurance agent, with the police and witnesses, you should have recorded statements or all of them even in writing.
- Check whether you have multiple insurance policies and study their policy details clearly to ensure that you claim all that you are entitled to.
- Never try to make any false insurance claims as your auto accident claim could be disqualified on fraudulent grounds.
Looking for an experienced auto accident attorney in Danbury, Stamford CT?
If you are in search of an experienced auto accident attorney in Danbury, Stamford CT, contact “The Reinken Law Firm”. Mr. Eric Reinken, CT’s expert personal injury attorney has 30 years of experience in dealing with auto accident claims and can help you with your auto insurance claim process. Call at 203- 541-0090 / 800-987-8780 to schedule an appointment with Mr. Eric.