When you’re in a motorcycle accident, you might want to claim compensation for your injuries or damages. The motorcycle attorneys at The Reinken Law Firm in CT can help.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics in Connecticut
- In 2005, there were approximately 43 motorcycle fatalities.
- In 2007, 36 motorcyclists were killed in traffic crashes.
- In 2010, there were 4,502 motorcycle fatalities.
Helmet, Alcohol Related and Speeding Statistics
- In 2008, 43% of all victims who were fatally injured in a motorcycle accident were not wearing a helmet. But, 1,829 lives were saved because the riders were wearing a helmet.
- In 2009, 44% of all victims fatally injured in a motorcycle accident were not wearing helmets.
- Overall, 75% of fatal motorcycle crashes involve a rider who was not wearing a helmet.
- 50% of motorcycle collisions occur because of drunk driving.
- According to NHTSA, in 2010, a total of 29% of motorcycle accidents involved riders with a blood alcohol level above the legal nationwide limit, .08.
- In 2008, 35% of all fatal motorcycle accidents were the result of speeding.
- 50% of motorcycle accidents occur due to speeding or other mishaps.
Possible Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by bad weather, not following traffic signs, speeding, obstructed views, drunk driving, new drivers, vehicle defects, and roadway defects.
Motorcycle Accident Attorney – Connecticut
Attorney Eric Reinken is a motorcycle accident attorney in Connecticut, ready to help you claim compensation following your accident. He has over 30 years of experience and has represented many clients. He is the founder of The Reinken Law Firm. Call 203-541-0090 or send your queries via our online form.