Slip and fall accidents are the top accidents leading to liability claims. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 2.2 million Americans were injured in slip and fall accidents in 2007. There is also an estimate that more than 8,000 children are injured in fall-related accidents daily.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
It is very important for businesses to know the causes of slip and fall accidents. This will help them prevent these accidents. The causes of these accidents include:
- Improper floor maintanence
- Poor stairway design
- Poor visibility
- Improper walking surfaces
- Broken steps
- Cracks in pavement or wood surfaces
- Debris in walking areas
- Slippery floors due to leaks or water
Tips for Prevention
- Choose textured slip resistant materials for floors.
- Keep floors clean.
- Place floor mats that trap excess water and dirt before it enters the building.
- Inspect and maintain permanent floor mats and carpet runners.
- Replace light bulbs as soon as they burn out.
Slip and Fall Accident Attorney – Danbury, Connecticut
If you have suffered an injury because of a slip and fall accident, then an experienced slip and fall accident attorney can help. Attorney Eric Reinken has over 30 years of experience handling slip and fall cases in Connecticut. The Reinken Law Firm will fight to claim the compensation to which you are entitled. Call 203-541-0090 for a free initial consultation with Attorney Eric Reinken.