If you have been injured in a car crash, it is important to hire a car accident attorney. Hiring a car accident attorney means you will have a professional working for you, one who is extremely knowledgeable about the relevant laws and procedural rules that may affect your case. A car accident attorney will help you to protect your rights especially if someone else who is at fault was injured in the accident.
Read on for reasons why you should hire an attorney after an accident.
- They will help you to sue in time; usually since you have limited time to sue a car accident claim, about one to two years. If you don’t sue in time, you give up your right to sue.
- They will help you to understand the rules and the state requirements in order to sue.
- They are familiar with the laws and will help you make sure that you don’t jeopardise your right to sue.
- They will deal with the insurance companies to ensure that your interest is upheld and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- They will help you to understand your potential damages such as medical bills, lost wages, pain suffering and emotional distress.
- They will help you in proving liability and the other party’s neglect in order to win a personal injury lawsuit.
- They can provide references to cases, citations and other sources of law that support your position.
- They can explain to you the different car accident laws that apply in your state such as “no fault” laws, comparative negligence or contributory negligence, so you will fully understand your legal rights.
- They will help you understand settlement options and the implications of accepting the offer. Accepting settlements means you give up you right to sue. They can also help you to evaluate whether settling is the best option in your case or not.
- If you decide to file a lawsuit, they can guide you through the complicated process of filing a lawsuit.
- The will assist you in the complex process of proving the case or personal injury liability.
The following are the implications you could face if you don’t hire a car accident attorney following a crash:
- You could be facing financial loss.
- You might not be able to sue in time.
- You might not sue for the right damages.
- You could sue the wrong defendants.
- You might not be able to present your information well.
- You could lose your case.
- You will be barred from ever suing again.
- You will have used up your only chance for recovery.
- You could be stuck with all the costs and bills as a result of the accident cause by someone else’s carelessness.
The experienced and knowledgeable car accident attorneys at The Reinken Law Firm know how to deal with car accident claims and can help you with your claim. It does not matter if they have to deal with insurance companies or go to court they are ready to assist you. Call at 203-541-0090/ 203-491-4404/ 203-418-7037