Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury Attorney Resolves Issues Involving Brain Injuries
Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury law firm helps accident victims fight for the compensation they deserve
The effects of a brain injury resulting from an accident can be devastating. Your case may be complex from both a medical and a legal perspective. At The Reinken Law Firm, we understand what you’re going through. We’re committed to helping you on your road to recovery and assisting you in recovering the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled. With our years of experience handling injury cases, we are well-equipped to guide you in tackling whatever brain injury-related issues might come your way.
What are some common issues related to brain injuries resulting from accidents?
If you are suffering from a brain injury inflicted in an accident, you may have questions about the following issues:
- Brain injury rehabilitation. The rehabilitation you require depends on the severity of your injury. Brain injuries range from mild to severe, and your treatment and prospective rehabilitation depend on how your injury is categorized. You may progress through several stages of rehabilitation: inpatient rehabilitation, acute rehabilitation, subacute rehabilitation, community integration and, finally, community-integrated rehabilitation.
- Brain injury and seizures. Another concern you may have following a brain injury is the likelihood of seizures. Epilepsy, or seizures, can be a delayed consequence of a head injury. Your risk of seizure is related to the severity of your injury. The milder your head injury, the less chance you have of suffering from a head injury-related seizure. According to the Stanford Medical Center, a severe head trauma leads to the occurrence of epilepsy or seizure in 15 percent of adults and 30 percent of children.
- Brain injury and coma. A coma is one possible consequence of a brain injury. Comas occur immediately following or soon after such injuries and are considered a complication of a traumatic brain injury. According to the Mayo Clinic, a coma is caused by widespread damage to the brain. In more severe cases, a person can go from a coma to a vegetative state.
At The Reinken Law Firm, we have years of experience handling brain injury cases. We can help you find answers to the concerns you encounter following your injuries.
What are some of the symptoms of a brain injury?
If you were involved in a car accident and suffered a blow to the head, you may be concerned that you have a brain injury. According to the Mayo Clinic, symptoms from a traumatic brain injury can include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Slurred speech
- Numbness in fingers and toes
- Persistent headache
- Vomiting or nausea
- Behavioral changes
There are a number of symptoms of brain injury. If you suspect you might be suffering from a brain injury after an accident, you should contact a physician immediately. It is also a good idea to contact an experienced lawyer. At The Reinken Law Firm, we offer skilled representation backed by years of experience handling injury cases.
How does my doctor diagnose a brain injury?
There are a number of tests and assessments your doctor might employ to make a brain injury diagnosis. They include:
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- Computerized tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Intracranial pressure monitor
- Information about the injury and symptoms
It is important to see a physician for medical treatment and diagnosis if you suspect you have a brain injury.
Consult with an experienced injury attorney today
At The Reinken Law Firm, we know how to seek the results you deserve. We offer a free consultation in which you can discuss your case with an attorney. If you are unable to come to our offices because of your injury, we also offer home and hospital visits. Call us today at 203-541-0090 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.