Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury Uninsured Driver Attorney Offering Assistance
Looking out for your rights in Stamford, Bridgeport and Danbury
If an uninsured driver was involved in an auto accident in which you sustained injuries or losses, you may be worried about getting the monetary compensation you deserve. At The Reinken Law Firm, we have more than 30 years of experience handling auto accident claims. With our extensive knowledge of the law, we can provide the guidance and assistance you need to build a solid claim to seek the compensation to which you are entitled.
What should I do if I am involved in an accident with an uninsured driver?
There are a number of things you need to do if you are involved in a car accident, whether or not an uninsured driver is involved:
- Stay at the scene. It is imperative that you stay at the scene of an accident, as leaving the scene is a criminal offense.
- Provide assistance to others when possible. If people have been hurt, call 911. You should not attempt to move an injured person unless you absolutely have to; it is better to wait for the ambulance to arrive.
- Prevent another accident from happening. Do whatever you can to prevent another accident. For example, turn on your hazard lights to alert other vehicles. If it’s safe to do so, move your car out of the way of traffic.
- Call the police. You should always report a car accident to the police, even if it appears to be a minor accident. You should also get a copy of the police report as soon as you can, as it is an important document in the pursuit of your claim.
- Exchange information with the other drivers. Get names, contact information and insurance information from all the other drivers involved in the accident. At this point, you may discover that you are dealing with an uninsured driver.
If you’ve been injured, see your doctor as soon as you can. You should also contact an auto accident attorney as soon as possible, especially if you’ve suffered an injury, no matter how minor the injury might seem to you. The Reinken Law Firm can help you pursue a claim against the uninsured driver.
What about my uninsured motorist coverage?
Under Connecticut law, all drivers are required to obtain uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. The purpose of this coverage is to provide compensation to those who suffer damage in an accident with an uninsured driver. The minimum amount of coverage required by law is $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident.
With uninsured motorist coverage, you can bring a claim against your own insurance company for compensation for injuries suffered as a result of your accident with an uninsured driver. We can help you prepare your claim and understand your rights and options.
Protect your rights: call an accident lawyer in Stamford, Bridgeport or Danbury today
Make an appointment with The Reinken Law Firm today. We offer free consultations in which you speak with a lawyer personally about your claim. Let us handle the stresses and challenges of pursuing a claim against an uninsured motorist. Call us at 203-541-0090 or use our online contact form to schedule your consultation today.