According to the National Center for Health Statistics, motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among 15 to 20 year olds. The Automobile Association of America’s Foundation for Traffic Safety reveals the likelihood of an accident increases as the number of co-passengers increase who are below 21 years of age. As per the latest study, an average of 422 teens die monthly in traffic crashes during summer, and an average of 363 die during non-summer months.
Connecticut Teen Driver Car Accident Statistics
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2012, 1,875 drivers between the ages of 15 and 20 died in motor vehicle crashes and an additional 184,000 young drivers were injured.
- In fatal crashes in 2012, 9 percent involved drivers age 15 to 20.
- In 2012, 28% of drivers age 15 to 20 killed in motor vehicle crashes were either drunk or had alcohol in their blood.
- In a national survey conducted in 2013, 22% of teens reported they drive as a result of influence from others.
- Each year the percentage of teen driver accidents increases by 19 to 20%.
Teen Driving Accidents Attorney – Danbury, Bridgeport, Stamford, Greenwich in CT
If you or someone you know has been involved in a Connecticut hit and run accident, then our law firm can assist you with your claim. At The Reinken Law Firm, our personal injury lawyer will discuss every detail of your auto accident. Your case will be given full attention and we will not charge until you get justice. Contact us at 203-541-0090 to schedule your free consultation today.