Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury Motorcycle Injuries Attorney Delivers Skilled Representation to Accident Victims
Law firm focused on helping injured motorcycle accident victims
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, approximately 80 percent of motorcycle crashes result in an injury or death. Compare this to the 20 percent figure for automobile accidents, and it’s easy to see the tragic effects a motorcycle accident can have. At The Reinken Law Firm, we understand the stresses and challenges of dealing with the aftermath of a motorcycle accident. We are committed to helping you recover damages for your injuries so you can move on with your life. We work with the best doctors in the area to get you the care you deserve while also working to secure the compensation to which you are entitled.
What are common injuries that can result from a motorcycle accident?
Unlike a car, a motorcycle provides very little protection in the event of an accident; a motorcycle does not offer the weight and bulk of a car, characteristics that can provide a measure of protection in case of an accident. The following are common injuries suffered by motorcyclists in motorcycle accidents:
- Head and brain injuries. A helmet is an important piece of motorcycle safety equipment, as it can help to reduce the extent of head and brain injuries. Blows, jolts, bumps to the head and penetrating head injuries can lead to traumatic brain injury. With a traumatic brain injury, the normal function of the brain is disrupted.
- Broken bones and fractures. In a motorcycle accident, the force of impact between the motorcyclist’s body and the road or other hard surface can result in broken bones and fractures.
- Road rash. Road rash is a skin abrasion that occurs as a result of the friction between unprotected skin and a hard, rough surface. Bare skin and skin covered by regular clothing is most vulnerable to road rash; protective clothing is the best way to prevent road rash.
- Facial injuries and disfigurement. Facial injuries and disfigurement from scarring can occur as a result of abrasions and lacerations to the face. Wearing protective gear, such as a full-face helmet, can reduce the extent of such injuries.
- Back and neck injuries. Injuries to the back and neck can sometimes result in a spinal cord injury. Spinal cord injuries range in severity and can result in full or partial paralysis.
Injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident can be very severe and have a detrimental effect on your life, both financially and emotionally. If you are suffering from a motorcycle injury, you may be facing costly medical bills and prolonged absence from work. At The Reinken Law Firm, we provide the support and advice you need in this difficult time and work diligently and aggressively to recover the compensation you deserve.
We offer experience you can count on
The Reinken Law Firm offers you experience you can count on. We have handled countless cases over the years, and we know how to seek the results you deserve. We also know how devastating the results of a motorcycle accident can be, for both you and your loved ones. We are dedicated to securing the financial compensation to which you are entitled for your injuries and your losses, so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Meet with a skilled Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury attorney to discuss your motorcycle injury
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, The Reinken Law Firm can help. We offer free initial consultations during which an attorney can answer your questions. Call us today at 203-541-0090 or use our online contact form to schedule your consultation today.