Motorcycle Accident Compensation Attorney in Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury Fights for Full and Fair Compensation for Your Injuries and Losses
Stamford, Bridgeport & Danbury attorney equipped to handle your bike crash case
There is nothing like the feeling of freedom when you are riding down the highway on your motorcycle, but when you and your bike are involved in an accident, the results can be devastating. At The Reinken Law Firm, we understand the pain and suffering you may be experiencing as a result of your motorcycle accident. We can carry the burden of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries so you can focus on what’s most important: healing from your injuries.
What are some common types of motorcycle accidents?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcycle fatalities represent approximately 11 percent of all highway fatalities each year, even though only 3 percent of all registered vehicles in the United States are motorcycles.
Accidents are sometimes caused when a driver breaks motorcycle laws, such as by illegal passing or driving under the influence. However, one recent study by the Center for Urban Transportation Research found that in 60 percent of car-motorcycle collisions, it is the driver of the car who is at fault.
Accidents can occur as the result of:
- Intersection collisions. According to the NHTSA, approximately 50 percent of car-motorcycle accidents occur in intersections. Vehicles may unexpectedly turn in front of other vehicles, or they may pull out from a side street or a driveway.
- Tailgating. When a car tailgates a motorcycle, any unexpected stops by the motorcycle can result in a crash. The same is true when a motorcycle follows the vehicle in front of it too closely; it may be difficult for the rider to brake suddenly.
- Distracted driving. Drivers who are busy performing non-driving activities, such as texting, checking a GPS system or talking on a cell phone, may not see a motorcycle in time to prevent a collision.
- Failure to yield. Serious collisions can sometimes result when a car driver fails to see a motorcycle and makes a turn or changes lanes.
- Road hazards. What may seem like minor road hazards to the driver of a car can have serious effects on motorcycles. Hazards such as potholes, uneven pavement or road debris can cause a motorcyclist to lose control.
Motorcycle crashes can cause serious, life-changing injuries. At The Reinken Law Firm, we know your injuries and losses may be overwhelming, and we can assist you in fighting for the compensation you deserve.
What are some common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents?
Motorcycle accidents are often the cause of very serious injuries, mainly because a bike provides the rider with very little protection in an accident. A helmet is the most important piece of equipment for the rider, as it can reduce the extent of head injuries suffered in a crash. The following are common types of injuries occurring as a result of a motorcycle accident:
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones and bone fractures
- Skin abrasions, also known as “road rash”
- Back and neck injuries
- Facial injuries or disfigurement
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries as a result of a motorcycle accident, we can help. Backed by our years of experience and knowledge of the law, we are committed to getting you the compensation you deserve, so you can move on with your life.
Call today for a free initial consultation to discuss your accident case
At The Reinken Law Firm, we are focused on recovering fair and full compensation for the injuries you have suffered. We are conveniently located, with offices in Stamford, Bridgeport and Danbury, and we also offer home and hospital visits if you’re not able to come to us. Call us today at 203-541-0090 or contact us through our online contact form to schedule your free initial consultation today.