Meeting your personal injury lawyer for the first time may make you feel a bit anxious. Being prepared can make that critical first meeting proceed more smoothly.
Get all your documents ready.
Your attorney will be able to give you more accurate advice by seeing all the important documents pertaining to your case. Your attorney will appreciate receiving the following documents:
- A copy of the accident report
- Photographs of the scene
- Medical bills
- Hospital discharge papers and physician treatment summaries
- Correspondence from insurance companies regarding the claim
- Proof of lost wages
- Estimates to repair damaged property
- Details about the accident
- Contact information for others involved in the accident
- Contact information for any witnesses
- Names and company affiliations for any insurance adjusters with whom you spoke
Know what questions to ask.
The initial meeting is a chance for you to make sure you and your attorney are a good match. Therefore, do not hesitate to ask your attorney questions. Prepare a list of questions that can include:
- How many personal injury cases has he or she handled?
- How many cases have they won?
- Have they handled similar cases before?
- How long have they been in practice?
- Would the lawyer handle the case personally?
- Does he or she foresee any problems with your case?
- How would they go about handling your case?
- How long will the case take?
- How would they charge for their services?
- What types of experts would they use to prove your case?
- Is there a time limit by which you must settle the case or file a lawsuit?
Speak with an Experianced Personal Injury Lawyer in Connecticut
If you have sustained injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the experienced personal injury lawyers at The Reinken Law Firm can help. We provide skilled representation backed by many years of experience in handling personal injury claims. Our personal injury lawyers are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. Call 203-541-0090.