Distracted driving is a leading cause of car accidents in Connecticut. Distracted driving may lead to injuries or death. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), nearly 30,000 car accidents were caused by distracted drivers in 2010. A new analysis has shown that among total distracted driving accidents, 12% are due to use of cell phones and 62% are due to other distractions.
Causes of Distracted Driving
Causes of distracted driving include:
- Reaching for an object in a moving car
- Diverting attention to some other action, like accidents that have taken place on the road
- Reading while driving
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Doing personal grooming activities while driving
- Turning to talk to someone in the backseat or passenger seat.
- Adjusting the radio
- Playing with GPS system
Accident Attorney in Bridgeport, CT
If you are a victim of an accident due to distracted driving, then you can claim compensation. Attorney Eric Reinken, an accident attorney in Bridgeport, CT has over 30 years of experience handling accident cases. Call 203-418-7037 for a free consultation with Attorney Eric Reinken.