How to Protect Your Rights if You Are in an Accident
If you suffer personal injuries in a motor vehicle accident, on a motorcycle, on a bicycle, or suffer injuries as a pedestrian, there are certain steps you should take to ensure that your rights are protected. The insurance companies, even perhaps your own company are interested in one thing, namely to save themselves money for their shareholders and to promote what they perceive as justice. Insurance adjusters may seem like they are trying to help you, but their performance is based on how much money they save the company. You should always consult a personal injury lawyer if you have any questions.
Eric L. Reinken, a car accident lawyer with 29 years of trial experience urges you to take the following steps if you are unable to consult with Eric L. Reinken, immediately following your personal injury accident:
1. Call the police and make sure you give them your version of the facts. Do not talk to the other driver except to exchange information
2. If you feel that the other driver was at fault find out if the other driver received a ticket but urge the officer to do so
3. Take pictures of everything, cars, the scene. If you suffered personal injuries in a motor vehicle accident, have someone take pictures of your injuries, immediately following your motor vehicle accident
4. Do not talk to anyone about your personal injuries. Talk to a personal injury attorney before giving a statement to any insurance company. Do not talk about your accident on Facebook or any social medium
5. If you have suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident, obtain appropriate medical treatment
6. Obtain a copy of the police report
7. Keep copies of everything, including medical records, bills and information regarding any insurance claims
8. Call an experienced car accident attorney
If you happen to suffer personal injuries in a motor vehicle accident, DO call Eric L. Reinken, a personal injury attorney with offices in Stamford and Greenwich.