Many dog attack victims hesitate to consult with a dog bite attorney. It may be an unpleasant situation, especially when the dog owner is a friend, relative or neighbor. However, it is a wise decision to consult an attorney. Apart from the different types of injuries such as muscle or ligament damage and tissue injury, dog saliva often carries bacteria that can cause infection. The experience of being bitten by a dog can be traumatizing.
So if you or your loved one is a victim of a dog bite, consider consulting an experienced dog bite attorney. An attorney can:
1. Assess prospective need- Dog bites can cause more problems than just the actual bite. One can lose valuable time from work, and spend huge money in medical bills. Unforeseen future medical expenses can add up too. A dog bite attorney can help assess prospective medical need and bills and accordingly fight for you.
2. Determine liability– With the full knowledge of the law, a dog bite attorney can deal with the insurance companies to make sure the dog owner is held responsible.
3. Collect evidence– Most dog bite victims rarely see a fair verdict. This happens when the victim lacks evidence. A dog bite attorney can help you collect evidence and documents.
4. Speak with the insurance company– The insurance company usually wants a quick, cheap settlement. A dog bite lawyer can help assess the situation to enable the best settlement possible for the victim in a dog bite lawsuit.
5. If the dog owner doesn’t have insurance–If the dog owner doesn’t have insurance, than the dog bite victim can sue the dog owner directly with the help of a personal injury lawyer.
6. Educate the victim – A personal injury lawyer specialized in dog bite cases can explain the case to the victim.
Contact Our Compassionate and Trustworthy Personal Injury Lawyers
Fighting for personal injury victims for more than 30 years in Bridgeport and other parts of Connecticut
The Reinken Law Firm has personal injury lawyers who specialize in dog bite injury cases. We will discuss your potential lawsuit settlement. If you have been bitten by a dog and need to talk to a personal injury lawyer, then call us today at 203-541-0090 /800-987-8780. We can help you estimate the cost of the injuries. Our serving locations also include Danbury, Stamford and Greenwich.