Construction site workers injured on the job are entitled to the following rights:
- To file worker’s compensation claim in a worker’s compensation court or the state industrial court.
- To see a doctor and pursue medical treatment.
- To return to your job if you are released by your physician.
- To receive disability compensation if you are unable to return to work because of the injury.
- To appeal a decision if you disagree with your employer, the employer’s insurance company or the workers’ compensation court’s decision.
- To be represented by an attorney throughout the claims process.
- To file a third party claim if the injury was caused by the negligence of a third party, such as general contractors, sub-contractors or property owners.