Falling objects can cause injuries at construction sites. Even a small item can cause serious harm if dropped from an elevated position. Construction companies should protect their employees, and innocent bystanders from harm in case of falling objects. Objects fall at construction sites for many reasons, but usually some carelessness, negligence or rule-breaking is involved. Some common possible mistakes that cause falling objects in construction sites are:
- Insufficient distance between pedestrians and construction sites.
- Insufficient signs warning pedestrians that work is going on at the construction site.
- Failing to secure tools and other equipment, causing a high risk of the equipment falling.
If you or someone you love has been hurt by falling objects at a construction site, then you need a strong and experienced personal injury attorney to help you pursue financial justice.
Proving a Falling Object Accident in Court
Like most personal injury cases, falling object accidents involve negligence or carelessness. These cases are usually directed at the construction company for carelessness by creating an unsafe work environment. The elements of negligence are duty, breach, causation, and damage.
A construction worker or pedestrian who is injured by a falling object may sue the construction company. In order to be successful in a lawsuit caused by a falling object, the claimant must prove:
- The construction owner had a duty to maintain a safe area within the construction site.
- The construction owner broke that duty by not taking steps and measures to ensure safety of the construction area.
- The construction owner’s failure to exercise reasonable care caused injury to the claimant.
- The claimant suffered damages from the falling object.
Claiming Compensation for Accidents Due to Falling Objects at Construction Sites
At The Reinken Law Firm, we handle claims for injuries caused by a falling object on a construction site. We will conduct a thorough investigation of your case, traveling to the site, if necessary. Construction accident attorney Eric Reinken has protected the rights of personal injury victims in Connecticut for more than 30 years. He has obtained many of the largest verdicts and settlements in Connecticut.
We handle claims involving all types of loss, from broken bones or fractures to traumatic brain injury, from spinal cord injury/paralysis to amputation or loss of limb. We also litigate wrongful death claims.
Need a Construction Accident Attorney in CT? Call Us at 203-541-0090
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident caused due to falling objects at a construction site, then an experienced personal injury lawyer can help. Call The Reinken Law Firm, and construction accident Attorney Eric Reinken will prepare your case very diligently. Call 203-541-0090(Stamford), 203-491-4404 (Danbury), 203-418-7037 (Bridgeport) and 203-489-2825 (Greenwich) for a free consultation with Attorney Eric Reinken.